Tuesday, February 22, 2011

My Favorite Valentine Moments








The month of love isn't over yet! We had our kids and family for dinner on Valentine's Day Eve - Brian made the already posted shrimp pasta dish - but lots of other fun things were going on.
The youngest, newest in love couple joined us for dinner. My daughter Meghan and her boyfriend Owen had a completely lovely time!









The was table was fun to set with lots of my very favorite color - Pink! I love to use our black and white Mackenzie-Child knock-off dishes with fun and bright contrasting colors. So, the chargers were red and all of the glasses were pink! I used one of my new favorite flowers - Anemone's! Which come in beautiful spring colors, like purple, pink and orange.
































But one of the sweetest moments was my dessert!













This is the Pots of Creme by one of my favorite cooks Susan Branch. Amazingly simple and oh, so yummy!


3/4 cup whole milk
6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped fine
1 large egg
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
pinch of salt
3 tablespoons rum
whipped cream


Heat milk slowly, just to boiling point. Put all other ingredients, except rum and whipped cream into blender or food processor - slowly add hot milk and blend for thirty seconds. Add rum and continue blending one more minute. Pour into adorable, petite sized serving dishes (like a champagne glass or pretty tea cup). Chill for at least one hour. Serve with whipped cream on top, berries and a fun cookie! (Serves 4)


The next day, Valentine's Day, I had some of my BFF girlfriends over for lunch.




















Martha, Barb, Renee and Christy were here to celebrate our friendship. I made Baked Fontina Cheese (in the superbowl post), salad, crispy garlic toast, and lace cookies for dessert. We had a delightful time gabbing and giggling.













"The laughter of girls is, and ever was among the delightful sounds of the earth." De Quincey


I hope your Valentine's Day was as happy as ours! Don't forget to show your love all year long!


Amore, Cherie

No comments:

Post a Comment