Monday, January 31, 2011

Roasted Garlic Parmesan Tomatoes

Super easy, super delicious.

I have to admit getting this idea from Ina Garten  aka The Barefoot Contessa and she uses pesto on top which I did not like at all.  So I improvised and really like my version better.  Ina is one of my favorite cooks and we own all of her cookbooks but I can't help myself when it comes to putting my own spin of food.

Special thanks to our friend Renee, one of the truly great cooks in our life,  not just for bringing yummy roasted artichoke hearts but also for scoring a big assist on these tomatoes while I was  outside at the BBQ grill! That's her husband Marty  looking like he's posing for a mugshot in the foreground and Renee in the middle...our friend Anne is in the background who specializes in appreciating good food and bringing great wines to our gatherings...tonight it was a 2005 Silver Oak Cabernet....mmm...mmm....good!




Six Medium Tomatoes
Olive Oil
2 Cloves Crushed Garlic
1 Tspn Dried Thyme
Kosher Salt
Cracked Pepper
Parmesan Cheese

Preheat Oven to 425
Slice the tops and bottoms off the tomatoes and cut in half.
Brush a little olive oil in the bottom of a baking dish and arrange tomatoes with a little space in between so they cook evenly
Pour about 1/8 cup olive oil into a bowl and add two cloves pressed/crushed garlic...I have a Pampered Chef  garlic press and love it.
Add a couple of pinches of salt and about a half teaspoon cracked pepper and dried thyme.
Mix well and brush tomatoes with oil and garlic herb mixture
Place in the 425 oven and cook for 12 minutes
Remove from oven and cover with a liberal amount of finely grated Parmesan cheese and put back in the oven for another 3-5 minutes...keep an eye on them so the cheese doesn't burn!

These are a major crowd pleaser and healthy to boot!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment